Rancho Cucamonga, CA, payroll provider offers payroll compliance tips for small businessesBy Whyte & Associates
Adding staff to your small business can seem like a great way to get more done and increase your revenue. However, it's important to understand payroll rules and regulations to be compliant with the government and take advantage of tax incentives.
The tax professionals at Whyte and Associates in Rancho Cucamonga are certified financial consultants who have helped countless clients establish and run their payroll and other financial systems. They offer tips to help clients maintain their compliance:
- Make sure your employees are properly classified. While an individual may agree to be paid as a contractor, the government may not allow it depending on the type of work provided.
- Get an employer identification number (EIN). If your company is a partnership or corporation, you already have an EIN. If not, you will need to apply for one with the IRS.
- Be sure your payroll budget includes the federal and state taxes that must be paid by the employer.
- Research payroll companies. While some companies manage payroll services in house, others find value in outsourcing to experts. This can free up time and minimize some of the risk, as payroll experts have a better understanding of rules and regulations.
- Understand the schedule of your federal and state payroll tax deposits. The penalties on missing these deadlines can be very steep, so it's critical that you, or your payroll processing company, make the deposits on time.
- Understand the compensation package that you offer employees. There are many benefits that employees appreciate and are tax-free such as health, dental, and vision insurance, child care subsidy, retirement plans, and cell phone. Be sure to check the right IRS publications to make sure you understand which benefits are subject to taxation.
The payroll consultants at Whyte & Associates in Rancho Cucamonga are certified, educated and experienced in tax rules and regulation and skilled at helping clients.
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA team offers live payroll service for direct deposit and live checks
- How to choose the right payroll service for a business in CA
- Businesses in Rancho Cucamonga discover the top reasons for outsourcing payroll services
- Benefits of professional business payroll services in Rancho Cucamonga
- Four reasons to outsource your payroll needs to a professional provider in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, payroll provider offers payroll compliance tips for small businesses
- Trust a local professional with payroll service in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area
- Payroll services customized to your business needs
- After the fact payroll services make sense even for business owners who handle their own basic payroll