Service Update - COVID-19

Due to the rapidly evolving situation with COVID-19, our office has established a business continuity plan and will continue to serve our clients in the safest way possible.

Our staff will be working remotely and will be closing our office until further notice. We will resume in office operations and will be available for phone calls once our government agencies deem it safe. We ask that you please remain patient and consider the following: The IRS has granted taxpayers relief by giving extensions on all income tax payments up to July 15th. The extensions will be valid once an electronic extension is filed, which we will do for you.

We assure you that we will continue to work all files diligently and timely.

If you should have an emergency, we are providing Steve Whyte's contact information where he can be reached. PLEASE be extremely considerate and thoughtful on whether your matter is truly an emergency prior to calling. Steve Whyte's PH: 909-720-6876

Business Continuity Plan

Here is how you can check on your stimulus payment

Steve Whyte, E.A

Rancho Cucamonga accounting firm offers help with your back tax problems

Rancho Cucamonga accounting firm offers help with your back tax problems

For one reason or another, many taxpayers fail to file a required tax return. Even if only a single year is missed, it’s important to note that you’re still obligated to file your back taxes. Furthermore, in the time that your taxes go unfiled, and unpaid, you are likely adding interest and penalties to the amount you owe.

The professionals at Whyte & Associates in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, can help you gather your information and submit your tax information to the IRS. Here are the steps to get started:

  • Collect income information – Retrieve information about how much money you made during the years for which you need to file. You’ll need your W-2 or 1099 statements. If you are not able to find the forms that were given to you by an employer, you can request a substitute from the IRS. Additionally, you must report any capital assets that were sold, such as stock.
  • Determine deductions and exemptions – This step will help you reduce your payment to the IRS. It’s good to know that filing late doesn’t mean you have to give up your exemptions and deductions, just be sure that you have the appropriate documentation to support each deduction.
  • Obtain and complete the correct forms – Ensure that your back taxes are filed on original tax forms for that year. If you submit back taxes on a current year form, you could end up going through the process again. It could also cause you to over or underpay the amount you owe. These forms can be received from the IRS.
  • Mail the tax return – Follow the instructions carefully. If you send it to the wrong address, it could delay processing time. However, before you mail it, make a copy to keep for your records or in the case that something is misplaced.

For the best back tax experience, it’s wise to solicit professional help. The tax planning experts at Whyte & Associates have helped countless of clients manage their current and past tax returns. They are professional and trustworthy, treating each client with confidentiality and respect. Regardless of why you haven’t filed, they can help you get back on track with the IRS. For more information, call Whyte & Associates today.