We congratulate you on this exciting time: the birth of your business! You are on the right track by evaluating your options for incorporation and by considering Whyte & Associates in Rancho Cucamonga for all your small business incorporation needs.
Not only does our team have a more than 65-year history of navigating the process and requirements in California, but we also have a lengthy and successful track record of supporting a diverse array of business types. Just a small sample of our many partners range from restaurateurs to car mechanics to health care professionals (dentists and physicians). We understand the nuances that exist within industries, sectors, and niches. And as your local, family-owned and operated full-service accounting firm, we also take great pride in developing close relationships with each of our clients.
In this manner, we can account for the one-of-a-kind circumstances and characteristics that define each business. In doing so, no stone is left unturned when making recommendations, embarking on incorporation and other processes, and developing and adjusting strategies to aid in business growth and sustainability.
There are some general steps that all organizations will encounter during the process, which account for the “i’s” that must be dotted and the “t’s” that must be crossed when filing.
- Step No. 1: What’s in a name? Give the name of your new venture the attention that it deserves. It should clearly and memorably articulate who you are, what you do, and your ideal clientele. It should also align well with existing branding and marketing collateral. From our perspective, we will also assure that the business name is available by checking with parties such as the California Secretary of State’s office. Mind both your state and federal trademarks, too.
- Step No. 2: ID your HQ location. While it may seem logical that your venture is based out of California, there may be some other sticking points to consider (including costs, tax rates, and corporate regulations) when confirming the nerve center for your new business. We can walk you through the pros and cons of all of your options based on your unique situation.
- Step No. 3: The heart of the matter – Selecting corporation “type.” It is of utmost importance as significant tax and liability implications are associated with how each entity incorporates. We spend a lot of time going over these implications and factors specific to your business to arrive at structuring your organization as a C Corp, S Corp, LLC, partnership, or alternative arrangements.
- Step No. 4: Getting down to brass tacks. Depending on what we have determined in Step No. 3, we will work with you to pinpoint the official selection and associated documentation of company directors and the type of shares sold to stockholders.
- Step No. 5: Let’s make it official! We know all the stones that must be turned during this process; partly, a Certificate of Incorporation is obtained and fully and accurately completed, based on the considerations explored in the above steps. Furthermore, articles of incorporation are prepared and submitted to the appropriate state (along with the required fees to the proper certifying bodies). “Articles” refer to many of the basics that we’ve already addressed (i.e., name, location, structure), as well as the likes of organizational purpose and shareholders rights and privileges.
Don’t start this process alone! What you do at the onset of your venture sets the tone for the duration of your enterprise. Let’s get you off on the right foot. Contact Whyte & Associates at (909) 575-0080 today to schedule your appointment.
Back to Incorporations Page